Recently, we attended training in Baltimore and passed the EPA Lead Safe test for Contractors with a score of 100%, earning our lead-safe certification. Why is this important for us, you ask? Because Federal law requires contractors that disturb painted surfaces in homes, child care facilities and schools built before 1978 to be certified and follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination.
Sometimes, in the course of a job we find ourselves removing parts of walls or floors to accommodate new systems or install ductwork, the is when lead paint could rear it’s ugly head. We want to make sure this dust does not get into the air so we engage lead safe practices on all of our projects. Federal law requires that individuals receive certain information before renovating more than six square feet of painted surfaces in a room for interior projects or more than twenty square feet of painted surfaces for exterior projects or window replacement or demolition in housing, child care facilities and schools built before 1978. Homeowners and tenants: renovators must give you this information before starting project. Child care facilities, including preschools and kindergarten classrooms, and the families of children under six years of age that attend those facilities: renovators must provide this information to child care facilities and general renovation information to families whose children attend those facilities.
We are so committed to doing the right thing, the right way, that we continually strive to upgrade our licenses and certifications so that Contemporary Air Systems, Inc, CAS, can provide the best customer service available. Give us a call at 410-391-3070 and let us help you with your next project!
- Extend the Life of Your HVAC System
- CAS Wins Best of Essex Award for 2018 Heating and Air Companies
- Dual Fuel, A Heat Pump & Furnace for Year Round Comfort
- Is Your Furnace Begging for a Repair Specialist?
- BGE Rebates Available for Nest Thermostats
- Bigger is not always better!
- Doing the right thing, the right way, pays off!
- Ways to Make Sure Your HVAC Unit is Ready for Summer
- Why Should Your HVAC contractor be EPA Lead Safe Certified?
- Choosing between a Heat Pump and a Central Air System
613 Eastern Blvd, Essex, MD 21221
Cities We Service